As the national peak industry body for livestock and property agents, the Australian Livestock & Property Agents Association (ALPA) plays an important role in livestock, wool, merchandise and rural property sales and marketing.
Representing more than 1,200 agency businesses across Australia, ALPA is one of the largest organisations of small rural businesses, relied on to protect the interests of agents and livestock producers nationally.
Professional Development & Education (PD&E) programs designed to meet state laws are operated by the Association in various states. Other PD&E programs run by the Association include:
- courses to meet requirements for Compulsory Professional Development (CPD) for state licence requirements
- general courses to improve business management and the professional standing of its member businesses
- auctioneer training courses
Raising operational standards and promoting career opportunities
ALPA is committed to improving economic efficiency of livestock and rural property marketing. Its members:
- fulfill a vital role in the rural industry
- have good client service record
- are a key source for information on livestock wool prices, new products, industry standards, development, innovation and legislation
- are experts in the sales and marketing of livestock, residential and rural property
Benefits of becoming an ALPA member
There are currently three levels of membership, each with a specific focus on livestock and rural property agents. Members of ALPA are engaged in sales of livestock and rural real estate, and handle around 97% of agency business Australia wide.
ALPA also conducts a Young Auctioneers Competition at both state and national levels.