Ahrens 24 Tonne Chaser Bins
27 tonne heaped capacity for a larger carrying capabilities
- 24 tonne Chaser Bin (level capacity at 80 kg per hectolitre or 800 kg per cubic metre).
- Extra heavy duty construction
- Hydraulic shut off gates
- Exceptional unloading speed
- Also available in 30 tonne capacity
- All units utilise hydraulic cut-off slides over a horizontal cross auger along the bottom of the bin.
- The slides can be shut off at any time, which avoids compaction around augers and also allows for greater unloading speed than units with stationary slides or hoods.
- Unloading times of around three minutes are attainable with this system.
- Extra large bearings are used throughout the bins and 6mm thick segmented industrial auger flights are used, which contribute to exceptional service life.
- In an industry first, all augers are balanced and aligned for quieter operation and extended service life of both auger and bearings.
This cross auger design allows for lower bin height and lower centre of gravity compared with vee bottom self emptying, single auger designs, and far greater unloading capacity, as bottom cross auger force feeds main lift auger.