The role of the Association is to actively represent and further develop an efficient, safe and sustainable industry for all stakeholders.
Its diverse members consist of a blend of:
- fodder producers
- testing laboratories
- farmer organisations
- machinery manufacturers
- input suppliers; and
- State Government departments
Members can benefit from:
- Valuable member and industry contacts and networking options
- Contractor Codes of Practice
- Quarterly newsletters
- Support of industry lobbying including hay transport
- Free marketing services on the AFIA web site
- Discounted AFIA event registration
- National and international study tours
- Latest research results
- Industry benchmarking
With a technical focus on hay and silage, the AFIA is the voice for the industry through increased communications and industry cohesion, improving the objective measurement of fodder quality and improving the competitiveness of the industry.
The Association will be holding its annual National Fodder Conference which will be in Hobart, Tasmania. Conference dates are 7-8 August 2012 which will be held at Hotel Grand Chancellor.