Outlook 2012 is nearly here. The ABARES conference for Australia’s agriculture, fisheries, forestry and natural resource sectors runs from the 6th to the 7th of March 2012 and is being held at the National Convention Centre in Canberra.
The Outlook 2012 conference will deliver a unique perspective, combining biophysical and social science with innovative economic research, featuring a range of sessions, with leading international and national speakers.
Conference attendees will learn about the most up to date opportunities, thinking and data in relevant sectors as well as having the opportunity to network with professionals from their sector.
Topics covered at Outlook 2012 include:
- economic overview, featuring speakers from ABARES, JP Morgan Chase and Westpac
- expectations for the year ahead
- farm sector performance
- eco labelling for Australian seafood
- global food markets 2050
- carbon mitigation and agriculture
- water policy in the Murray-Darling Basin
- northern beef future strategy
- agriculture adapting to climate change
- food supply chain issues
- agriculture and pathways to co-existence with coal seam gas development
- regional development
- linking innovation and productivity
- future of Australian farmers
- trends and outlook for key commodities - dairy, grains, horticulture, forestry, meat and fibres