Entries have now opened for the 2010 NAB Agribusiness Awards for Excellence. The awards recognise both companies and individuals who work in the agribusiness, food, fibre and beverage sectors.
The broad aim of the Agribusiness Awards is to encourage all involved in the sector and thereby help Australian agribusiness thrive and reach its potential.
The awards are jointly run by NAB Agribusiness and Monash University and recognise achievements in ten categories, including exports, technologies and fisheries.
Lawrie Dooley, Food and Agribusiness Programs Director at Monash University, says, “There are exciting things happening across all our agribusiness sectors and we look forward to recognising the achievements of leaders in a wide range of fields in this year’s awards.”
The 10 NAB Agribusiness Award categories are:
- Agribusiness Leader of the Year Award - sponsor NAB Agribusiness
- Technology and Innovation Award - sponsor The Australian Institute of Agricultural Science and Technology
- Primary Producer of the Year Award - sponsor NAB Agribusiness
- Export Award - sponsor Monash University
- Innovation in New and Emerging Industries Award - sponsor Rural Industries
- Environment and Energy Management Award - sponsor Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry
- Rural Enterprise Award - sponsor Australian Farm Journal
- Agribusiness Employer of Choice Award - sponsor Rimfire Resources
- Risk Management Award - sponsor Grant Thornton
- Governance Award - sponsor Oppeus International
- Research and Development Corporation